Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 12 November 2012

Info Post

Waking up on Saturday morning I made my way down to the living room where the kids were bustling around and packing up a few things. They had just finished talking to my oldest son who invited them to hang around his apartment for the day.

Within an hour, the house was quiet, I was still in my robe, and my hair was nailing an Albert Einstein impression. Not kidding.

Thanks to my friend Janelle, I've discovered this new way of doing things. I shower at night and go to bed with wet hair, which is usually not a problem since Madison helps me straighten the hard-to-reach layers. Because she left early en route to her brother's, I was left to fen for myself.

Being alone in the house with Michael brought back feelings of nostalgia between us which reminded me that I'm not just his wife, I'm his girlfriend.

I'm the same girl who used to curl my hair, touch up my makeup and anxiously wait for the doorbell to ring. Yes, I'm the same girl, and sometimes I need to remind myself that he's still the same guy.

I've come to learn that faith and family are the two most important things to Michael and I also know that he loves me whether I'm dressed to the nines or I'm walking around with a chip clip in my hair and two socks that don't match. He's faithful that way.

But here's the problem - that knowledge and level of comfort in our relationship offers me the opportunity to be lazier than I should be. In other words there's a temptation to take his love for granted. 

Some days this translates into me walking around like a slob, whereas the flip side of that is when I put the extra effort in to treasure the person he is.

I'm not saying that wives should walk around the house like pageant queens with big hair and high heels. By all means, be true to yourself and the woman you are in Christ. I'm merely saying that we should offer them respect in the way that we act and the way that we dress, putting the effort in where we can.

With this notion in mind, I took an opportunity to fix that bad hairdo of mine. While Michael stepped out to pick up some milk, I ran upstairs, threw on a green blouse, straightened my hair, put a cute ponytail in and brushed on some makeup. I think it took me 10 minutes--15 at the most, but I was adorable.

I felt so much better about myself once the "Einstein" was gone, but more importantly I took an opportunity to show Michael that he is worth more--much more--than a pair of odd socks and a chip clip to me.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. ~ Philippians 2:3-4

You are loved by an almighty God,



Visit Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here

If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife

Check out my book, The Good Wife's Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet

In participation with:

TheBetterMom.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment